We are looking for an outstanding Head of Primary (Nursery/Early Years to Class 6, ages 3 to 11) to play a major role in the strategic direction and planning of our popular and well-respected school. The successful candidate will manage the day-to-day operations of the Primary School with overall responsibility for leadership of learning, the curriculum and wellbeing. They will deputise for the Director as appropriate.
The International School of Monaco (ISM) is an independent, co-educational, non-selective school situated in the heart of Monaco in the dramatic and impressive setting of Port Hercule. Our thriving population of over 750 co-educational students aged 3 – 18 is made up of over 50 different nationalities. We are a diverse and vibrant international school. Across the school, there is a strong focus on internationalism. In the Early Years and Primary, we follow a bilingual curriculum, and linguistic development is further developed at Secondary level through the IGCSE and IB Diploma Programme qualifications where there is a strong emphasis on additional language qualifications. The school has just entered the consideration phase for both the IB PYP and IB MYP curriculum frameworks. Our students are taught by our talented team of committed and experienced teachers, who receive competitive salaries and benefits.
ISM is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS). It also benefits from a collaboration with the outstanding King’s College School, Wimbledon. This partnership provides an extensive range of educational support and services. We are accredited by the World Academy of Sport (WAoS) as an Athlete Friendly Education Centre (AFEC) in recognition of the support given to the many high-performing athletes in the school. We will be moving to a magnificent new state-of-the-art school in August 2024.
We are looking for a talented, high-calibre leader with experience in senior leadership in a high-performing school and a commitment to excellence in students’ education. They will be joining us at an exciting time in our development. With the significant investments we have made in staffing, professional development, technology, and our new school, we now want a candidate who will take the school to the next level.
Our Head of Primary will:
● support our vision, mission, values and learning principles
● foster an inquiry and constructivist approach to teaching and learning, which challenges all students to perform at their absolute best
● have an excellent understanding of strategic planning and ensure the priorities within the School Strategic Plan are delivered in collaboration with the Board of Trustees, Senior Leadership Team, staff and King’s College School, Wimbledon
● manage change effectively, supporting and balancing academic progress and the well-being of all students
● support the professional development of leaders and teachers in the Primary sector
● have high expectations and recognise and promote excellence in teaching and learning throughout the whole Primary school
● continue to improve results in internal and external benchmark assessments and appropriate French tests
● lead and manage the whole Primary School team, ensuring appropriate levels of accountability and support
● provide high-quality learning experiences for all students and be aware of and apply current research-based international pedagogical thinking
● further develop the curriculum to ensure it is future focused and provides secure learning pathways across the school
● ensure the curriculum and learning experiences are matched to our school and students’ needs
● further develop an assessment strategy to ensure that every student makes at least good levels of progress in relation to internal and internationally benchmarked tests/examinations;
● be engaging, possess excellent communication skills, and have strong emotional intelligence.
Information on the International School Monaco can be found on our website www.ISMonaco.com or our social media pages.
This is a full-time position with a start date in January 2023 or as soon as possible thereafter. Competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to apply:
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to complete the attached application form with your CV and a letter of application providing your educational philosophy and details of why you are suited to the role, as well as 3 references, one of which must be your current employer. First-stage interviews will be conducted virtually, in the UK or Monaco and, subject to restrictions, there will be a final selection event at the school. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced criminal record check.
The ISM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.