The International School of Monaco is seeking to appoint a motivated and committed Teacher of Drama with English.
The candidate will have high expectations of student learning and behaviour and will join a caring and experienced team.
He/She will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and supportive team of reflective teachers who are fully committed to academic excellence within a supportive and caring environment.
Drama is a popular and successful subject at ISM. As part of the Performing Arts department, Drama teachers share a commitment to inspiring a genuine love of the subject in their students. The English department is equally successful in encouraging students to be inspirational, creative and inquisitive. The aim is to develop intellectual curiosity, achieve academically rigorous thinking, outstanding examination results and a desire to pursue the study of Drama and English beyond the classroom.
ISM and King’s College School, Wimbledon are “sister schools”, with day-to-day interaction taking place between staff and students at both schools and the sharing of outstanding practice in all areas. ISM has high aspirations to become a centre of educational excellence in Europe and this unique collaboration gives ISM an opportunity to work alongside, and learn from, the very best.
ISM is an ambitious school that places a major emphasis on professional development and personal growth. High academic expectations are mirrored by established and proactive approaches to physical and mental wellbeing.
If you are suitably qualified, believe in the value of an international education and are looking for a school where “the focus is on students and their learning,” we look forward to receiving your application.
- a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a respected university
- recognised teaching status
The successful candidate will have:
- a passion for Drama and English and a proven track record achieving successful outcomes with learners
- experience in teaching Drama to a high level and English to IGCSE (advantageous but not essential)
- a passion for Drama outside of the classroom and the ability to work collaboratively to develop an outstanding extracurricular theatre programme
- an interest in theatre design and technical aspects of theatre (advantageous but not essential)
- a commitment to the ISM values and learning principles
- excellent classroom practice and well-developed subject knowledge
- the ability to work collaboratively and contribute to the development of an outstanding school
- a good understanding of emotional intelligence
- excellent communication skills
- experience in demonstrating and developing growth mindset tendencies
- a genuine interest in personal growth
How to apply:
Please send your letter of application, along with curriculum vitae and application form, to Stuart Bryan, Director of ISM, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ISM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.